Derivatives Trading after the Launch of "Night Session" -1 Year has Passed Since the Launch-
Jul. 19, 2012
Osaka Securities Exchange Co., Ltd. (OSE) successfully started "Night Session" (Trading hours: 16:30 to 3:00 on the next day) for Stock Index Futures and Options trading(*1) on July 19, 2011 (trading day of July 20, 2011), and today, 1 year has passed since the launch.
The trading volume of the first year of "Night Session" was as follows.
The Trading Volume of the First Year of "Night Session"(*2) (Preliminary Estimates)
- The average trading volume of the extended trading hours from former "Evening Session" (23:30 to 3:00 on the next day) was 39,025 units.
- Trading volume ratio of "Night Session" to Day Session was 37.1 %.
- Trading volume of "Night Session" has increased almost 5 times compared to that of the beginning of the launch of "Evening Session".
- (*1) Nikkei 225 Futures, Nikkei 225 mini, OSE DJIA Futures, Nikkei 300 Futures, RN Prime Index Futures, and Nikkei 225 Options.
- (*2) Including J-NET Derivatives trading.
Please refer to the following file for the detail.