Trading Overview in May 2012
Jun. 01, 2012
OSE announced a trading overview (preliminary estimates) in May 2012.
- Trading value of Nikkei 225 Leveraged Index ETF (NEXT FUNDS Nikkei 225 Leveraged Index Exchange Traded Fund (1570)) and Nikkei 225 Inverse Index ETF (NEXT FUNDS Nikkei 225 Inverse Index Exchange Traded Fund (1571)) were as follows.
- Trading value of S&P500 VIX SHORT-TERM FUTURES INDEX (KOKUSAI S&P500 VIX SHORT-TERM FUTURES INDEX ETF) in May 2012 was 13,660 million yen, which achieved the record-high.
- Trading volume ratio of Night Session to Day Session in May 2012 was 37.5%.
Trading volume of Night Session was 4,847,148 units, which is the third highest.
- Month-end open interest for Nikkei 225 Options in May 2012 was 3,180,472 units, which achieved the record-high.
- The trading volume of “OSE DJIA Futures” launched on May 28th, 2012 was as follows.
|Nikkei 225 Leveraged Index ETF||23,862||1,989||57,744||2,750|
|Nikkei 225 Inverse Index ETF||1,400||117||5,957||284|
(yen in millions)
|Day Session||Night Session||Total|
|OSE DJIA Futures||20||4,641||4,661|
Please refer to the following file for more details.